Thursday, November 30, 2006

Very Pastoral


We went to a wedding last Saturday between our youth pastor and a daughter who grew up in our church. The best man was a pastor, and the grooms father was a pastor, and of course our pastor co-officiated. It was said that it was a very pastoral wedding.

I was informed this week that now the majority of babies are born outside of marriage. It is a sad and growing statistic that now the majority of people that do get married end up in divorce.


I never would have thought that my marriage would be a rare breed. To sit in the sancuary and be a witness to a holy union, with my hand tucked safely inside my own husband's hand was special. It was wonderful to be sitting next to David and know that our marriage is a holy union, and that we entered into it with holy intentions. It was also wonderful to be so in love, married and witnessing another's love for eachother.

I am so thankful that Peter will have his two parents to raise him together, and am thankful that I know others that havet his same type of marriage that I can model after and go to for help when I need it. I am so thankful that God has united me to David and no man will tear us asunder.

This coming year I will try to place more of an emphasis on my marriage and place it on the top of my priorities daily.....I pray for everyone else that is married that God grants them perseverance and a love that is undying for eachother

No comments: