Saturday, November 04, 2006

Newly Uncovered Findings


Almost Everyone that knows David is aware of his love for Remote Control Airplanes. He has five in his WWII Fleet of planes. He has built them all (during his early years while waiting for me to come along...lol) in his garage and makes a point of getting to Balboa Airfield to fly them.

What most do not know is David's secret passion for archeology. I didn't even know of it myself until I saw him out of the window of our office, jumping up and down with excitement and screaming. I have never seem him so excited. I ran outside to the front and saw him with every shovel and handtool we know, knee deep in mud and there are now two very large holes on either side of our walkway right as you reach the house. (it's a beautiful sight)

He looked so official in his sahara desert hat and stooped over what looks like the giant femur bone of a dinasour. It turns out that it's only the remains of the two very very huge trees that graced our front yard millions and millions of years ago. David's disapointment was evident

The ancient swamp was evidently caused by none other than a busted pipe that is the ancient galvanized pipe that was originally used. This little archeological dig has been going on now for five days, but we think we are getting a handle on the problem.

Just another perk of homeownership.......

1 comment:

ATSmith said...

This is super funny! An archeologist in the family too : ) I am sorry he was so dissapointed ... but the rush must have been fun ... hope you guys are having a nice Saturday. It is warm up here in Ojai, so I am sure it is warm down there.