
Thoughts on Thanksgiving......As I sit down to write this post I look out my office window and am just so thankful for my view. The River Birch is slowly losing it's leaves as my resident pair of humming birds flit about the branches, there are squirrels perched about my great expanse of front lawn feasting on the neighbors oranges and the sky is a dark clear blue that I only get to see at this special morning hour. Absolutely I am thankful for this home that God has provided us.
Peter has just woken up from his morning nap and I hear him practicing his Ba Ba Ba's....His soft coos punctuated by little squeals, I can't see him but I can picture him rolling around his crib, probably holding onto his little cute feet.
David is at the hanger, working at a job that he loves. I have met very few men that really are satisfied by their careers, thankfully David is one of those few.
When I think of the enormous amount of family that we have I realized how very much I take that for granted. This Thanksgiving we are not all getting together and I am happily anticipating all the stories that we will share of our holiday when we all gather again.
I am thankful for my marriage, for the love that we share, that continues to be refined. I am thankful that my husband is also my most trusted friend and I am his.
This year our love has expanded to include Peter, our son....It still boggles my mind that I have Peter, and that his little sounds will quickly be able to call me mommy. That I am already thankful for.
All of these blessings and yet what I am most grateful for is my Salvation. I am thankful to God for Jesus Christ His only begotten Son, whom he sent in order to save me. I am also thankful for His church and the love, prayers and encouragment that we have shared in Christ's precious name.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.
1 comment:
Hey Sis ... so much to be thankful for. I am so glad you are a mom too : ) We are enjoying life up here in the mountains ... got some Internet access so I get to be connected for a few minutes -- it feels so good to be connected. Sage is giving snacks to her ponies and giving them time-outs for not sharing and taking toys away ... funny to watch her grow up. hope you guys have a wonderful thanksgiving ... love, amber
Post a Comment