I only have one son, however if I had ten, ten hundred, ten thousand or more, I can safely say I would NOT give any single one of them up unto death on a cross for a friend, much less for an enemy. I wouldn't even think about it for a second. Peter, my little Peter for an angry spiteful, bitter, mean, unloving, ungreatful, unforgiving, enemy.....NO WAY.
Well, Thank You God that you didn't feel the same way about me! And God doesn't ask me to give Peter over to death.
Belief in Jesus Christ and the gospel, liberates me to love those that are not ones that I would naturally love. It's never hard to love the loveable, but what about the not so loveable? Those that are different? We all have those people that we just don't get, which quickly turns into judgements instead of first taking the log out our own eye to more clearly see the speck in their's.
If God is for someone, who am I to opppose God?
Well, from one big walking log, Thank you God that your love is eternal and unchangeable and that You will continue the good work you began in me, in my husband, and in all those that call upon the name of Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment