Friday, January 07, 2011

SOC


                                          SOC= Straight Out of the Camera

            Everyone is getting camera's.  I got my nice DSLR this year, and I love it.  I really really love it.  I have always like taking pictures, since my dad gave me one when I was fifteen.   That one was stolen out of my car, and my dad gave me their old Minolta, which takes great pictures.

        I have had a resurgence of energy for learning lately.  It's been latent, which is strange for me.  Anyhow, I have really began learning what my camera does, and how to take pictures.  This is all pretty much staging a shot and taking about 300 pictures, while varying the settings.  It has been such fun a abundantly informative.  Taking about fifteen minutes a day I have learned more in the last month, than the entire last year.

       It began when I had to take a group photo indoors and the shot just stank.  It was so bad it was difficult to edit into a decent exposure.  It was then and there that I realized I really don't like editing much.  I would much rather be taking the photo that I want with the camera that will do it and print it.  Maybe, just maybe only have to crop or convert to B&W.

       I was encouraged yesterday while I watched a video series of professional photographers and their hints and tips.  Brian Peterson took an incredible shot, and at the end of the video said " Don't think I got this on the first shot, this was the 87th shot I took to get what it was that I was after." 

      Goodbye Computer, Goodbye editing, Hello Camera  (for now)
      

        

2 comments:

Z Tigercat said...

Ok... This picture is just over the top cuteness. Thanks for capturing this tender moment.
The Father

DZ said...

Ok... This is total cuteness.
Thanks for capturing this tender
moment in time.

Love, D