Do you ever wonder, is this it? Is this all there is? Do you find yourself waiting? Waiting for something, so that something else can happen?
There is a seventies song that gets to what I'm saying. It's called "love the one you're with." Although I am not talking specifically about a romantic relationship, I am talking the relationship you have with your life, so to say. And yes, life is romantic.
If you are reading this, you and I have something very much in common. We are alive. Our lives may look very much the same, or our lives may be radically different. It really doesn't matter, we are both probably looking for the same answer, Is this it?
Of course if you read my blog, you'll know that I have found my answer in the life of Jesus Christ. Gods' word says, all the promises are yes in Christ Jesus. I fully believe this and confess this, however in my daily walk, I am like a sheep that goes astray looking for sweeter grass, more exciting grass, or greener grass, a quiter pasture, a more fun pasture, a less hectic pasture...etc..... Where does this lead? Usually stranded on a cliff somewhere!
Well, the answer is Yes! This is it! God created me in His image and with specific callings. He revealed his good and perfect will to us in His Word. It doesn't tell me what color car I should buy, or should I put my children in private school or homeschool. He doesn't give me a precise schedule to follow. He is not a God of a formula, yet He is very specific:
Love Him with your whole heart, soul and mind, and the second is like it, love your neighbor as yourself.
We love because He first loved us, in giving us His only son to die on the cross so that those who believe should no perish, but have eternal life.
I am excited for my life, and for the eternity of it. Today is the day that I will stuggle against the lie that there is a greener grass for me.
I will get off the computer now, because my son is up, and playing on the floor and would like me to play with him. I also have four loads of sheets to finish so that my family sleeps on nice clean sheets tonight. I have a dinner to prepare. My dear husband has a stressful job and one of the surest way for me to put a smile on his face is to have a wonderful meal planned for him.
This is my life, this is the life my LORD has given me, until death I do depart, and it is good. I am greatful for all that I have. I have a church that faithfully proclaims Jesus Christ crucified and risen, I have my salvation and have no fear of death and I have a faithful God who will never leave me nor forsake me. I will step out into my life, the daily struggle to love the unloveable, and to be gracious and merciful toward all, and to be loyal to my Creator in the way that He has called me.
Keeping the above in mind, is the reason that I desire and love the life I have been given. It turns my life from dreary to romantic.
Romance= ideal, and mysterious, and lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment