Friday, March 18, 2011
Dreams Coming True
We are officially a family that skis together. Peter had a pretty decent foundation from Mammoth earlier and I had not real intention of teaching Natalie this year, since she is only 2.5. Well, Natalie had a different expectation, and it was one that included skiing. So off we went, and we finished with Peter totally getting it and Natalie now able to snow-plow her way down the bunny slope. All the while telling me, "I don't want help mommy, no help please, no help please." She is not really a snow bunny, more like a snow tiger. ; )
What a tremedous blessing, one that I am so grateful that we are able to afford and give to our children. I grew up doing this with my family, and I just can not believe how exciting it was to be able to give this to our children too.
The very best blessing was how much my children enjoyed me teaching them. At the end of every run, they had giant smiles and wanted to go again. The both skied until the lifts closed. In fact, on the last run the lifts had closed and Peter took his skiis off, picked them up and headed up the hill. We asked him what he was doing, he said "I am going to hike up hill and ski down." And he did that twice. After an entire day of skiing. There was no crying, except for Natalie's goggles didn't fit very well, until I doctor'd them up. She laughed when she fell. She is tough.
The weather was in the low 60's so it was cold and we didn't have to deal with all the bulky jackets and wind chapped skin.
Well, you probably can't tell how entirely proud I am of my children, and of myself for being able to be a fun teacher. I give all the glory to God, for it is only through His Grace that we were able to give our children and ourselves this extraordinarily fun trip. Thank you Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment