Peter is One year old.....
Then and Now...
I used to only pray about 10 minutes a day, now I pray at least 45 minutes a day.
8.5 pounds........22.75 lbs
21.5 inches........32 inches
Slept 19 hours, now sleeps 14 hours
took 5 naps, now takes one nap
only cried , now he pointes, says banana, and dada and know three sign languages.
He can produce the sounds of a tiger, a dog and a horse. The growling is the best.
He gives hugs, and kisses without being asked.
He is still breastfeeding, but eats three solid meals a day. (I was going to wean at one year, but now that it's here I think I will keep on for another month, and then decide again.)
I still am cloth diapering. I love this and am most happy about this choice. It's easy, hey! what's one more load of laundry amongst the 5 I am already doing? Did I mention that at this point I have saved $500 so far by not going disposable?
The newest addition is that Peter has what is termed Dysphoria. He began about a week ago getting up from his afternoon nap, with what seemed like a severe pain, crying, writhing on the ground, not wanting to be held, not wanting to be put down. Very wierd and very unnerving to say the least. I was 90% sure it wasn't pain, even though he sure acted like he was in pain. I didn't call the Dr. becuase I just figured he wouldn't have anything to add.
I mentioned it in our 12 month appt. this morning. Before I could finish explaining his behavior, Dr. Watson, shook his head knowingly and said he has Dysphoria. In Short Peter is having a severe case of waking up on the wrong side of the crib. He said it is common, though not rampant, not a tantrum, and something that he will hopefully grow out of, but maybe not. A huge relief I felt. He said his wife has it. And upon leaving the Drs. Office, David said maybe it's what I have when sometimes I wake up in the morning a littly "pilly." Dysphoria sounds better I think.
Well, anyway I just can't believe a year has come and gone. All those that said it would pass in flash were absolutely correct. Yet....there were moments in this last year, that seemed to last forever.
Thanks to all for all the support, love, encouragement and most of all prayers.
1 comment:
Hello .... are you there??
Post a Comment