Monday, April 18, 2011

A Mother's Love


       I hosted, literally just gave my house over, to a friend to host another friends baby shower.  I was blessed since, I didn't do a thing except buy a few flowers, put out our my many many glasses ( I love drinking glasses) and open the front door.
     My friend Kathy is in the process of adopting a baby girl, Jane.  It's been a long ordeal, and it looks like it will end in happiness.  In the meantime Kathy and Dave got pregnant too.....They are joyful, excited and a wee bit anxious about the labor part.
      I opened the door and Kathy was to the other side, and all I saw was her mom.  They are carbon copies.  Kathy was her last child, and came along 16 years after her siblings...what a joyous surprise she must have been!
      I loved looking over and seeing a mother's hand, tightly clutching, her daughter's,  hand.
    

No comments: