Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Not so "happy" Old Year!

Bruised but not Devestated
Oh what a year! This time last year I was a doctor's appointment with my dad. My grandmother was diagnosed with cancer, a year ago and my dad would follow her to the hopital where family would be strained and shatter physically and emotionaly. All the early Holidays were celebrated by the death of a loved one. Valentines my grandmother died, Persian New Year my cousin was murdered, and April fools my dad died. A best friend right before Thanksgiving.   
      I am so very thankful that I have a God and His word that explains this life, explains us , His creation, explains sin and reveals Himself and His plan of salvation. We are called to go on and trust that His will is done, and He can do no other. He says He works it all out for the good of those whom He loves. He works out my sin for my good. Isn't that something to take a lifetime to ponder. I am greatful to Him for bearing me through this year. I have arrived on the other side, filled with Joy, even though the grief is still there, there is equal and sustained joy.
          Easter this year was celebrated like no other, for I do believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that nothing is impossible with God. My belief has been tested and tried and dross has been consumed. It has been painful being in the furnace where God purifies those whom He calls His own.
         I am so glad that this year is coming to a close, and yet this has been the very best year of my life. I have learned to trust in God this year, really really trust. He is faithful as He promises to be. This makes me excited for the new year for I know that He will sustain me come what may.
I will spend this year, going to the well of salvation and drinking deeply. Jesus said "Come to Me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest." What a priceless, matchless and wonderful gift.

No comments: