Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th of July

We had our own little parade....


Watch where you're going Peter.....








Natalie's First Time Swimming......
I just love this holiday....I love being free and so greatful for out troops that make it happen. Especially my brother Jed who is in Iraq right this moment. He wrote that he was Champion of the Ramadi Horseshoe Tournament. Glad they can eek some fun out of that dry dusty land.
We began our day with our typical breakfast, coffee and then I had a great idea....Let me see if I can find some red, white and blue stuff and we can decorate our bikes and trikes and have our own little parade....WE? who was I kidding? Well I did have all those colors, and we commenced with decorating. Where did the flags come from? While out own our jogging trips there was a realtor poking flags in by everyone's mailbox, so I took a few. Is that bad? One was in front of a vacant lot, and one was in front of a vacant house.....
We began our parade and all was well, except for hearing myself...."Peter, get to the curb, Peter ride by the curb....to the curb Peter." You get the idea...only louder.
It was still fun though and they enjoyed it until about halfway back up our street. Peter decided to make a run for it and wasn't too happy that I made him get off his bike and walk the rest of the way.....he made sure the entire neighborhood heard, ALL THE WAY HOME!
There was some discipline when we got home. Oh, the American Dream Family.
Anyway, we finished up our day with swimming and a sausage dog feast and the kids went to bed tired, satisfied, loved and free.
Happy Fourth of July to you and yours,,,,,And may God Bless America

No comments: