Family Picture with our new boat.....that my Dad and Jed bought for all of us.
We were not going to San Antonio this year but my Dad bought an absolutely over the top boat and he has three trailers and he loves nothing more than having all his kids....OK....his grandkids together. We all made the trip except Jed who is in Iraq....He called a few times, poor boy. With his Cancer it crossed my mind that this was gearing up to be a last supper type of trip. I asked him as much, and his reply was "next year I'll probably feel worse and wonder why I didn't do more when I felt better." Can't argue with that!
We decided to go one week before we had to leave, we are not spontaneous by nature, David nor I, but oddly we do better being spontaneous. I will say, I was impressed with David and the children's first camping trip. Mostly Davids'. He was a fish outta water for the first couple of days, but by the end he was gearing up to buy a bigger truck so we could really get into this camping thing.
After about 35 years of camping, I took off about four years since kids came along. And it is different camping with kids, especially around a huge body of water. Being naturally cautious I just didn't want to go there yet. I am so glad we did though becuase we had a blast and are so looking forward to many more camping trips.
This particular trip is a traditionaly family/fireman family lake trip and It was good to be back. I wake boarded, David wake boarded for the first time in thirty years, Peter tubed, Natalie hung out on the boat, we floated, we got extremely dirty, we played horseshoes, and we ate and drank well.
Next year will find us in a bigger truck so we don't have to take separate cars and so we can tow the bigger trailer to the beaches and to the lakes. We are already planning many trips to come.
I have to add that I am so thankful to God for keeping us protected. Specifically there were four serious situations that easily could have been tragedies. Thank you God for your protections on my entire family.
No comments:
Post a Comment