Sunday, June 28, 2009

Priorities






This Picture is Peter in a Nutshell, or a Cockpit I guess. He has been a serious sort right out of the womb....I think he was serious in the womb come to think of it. He is the king of deadpan looks, loves his books and loves all things airborn. Isn't this the intensity that you would like of the captain flying at 40,000 feet?



This is almost an opposite of our little Natalie.....It is difficult getting a serious picture of our little happy baby girl.....




Playing with my new camera at my Dad's.I was sad I didn't get the focus dead on though with the her.




Here I was playing with the depth of field.....well the focus is bad but I still liked the idea.




Lots of child labor laws being broken here. Why do kids always gravitate toward dirt?
Priorities
I got my new camera and love it love it, however am not very good when I leave the automatic setting. I intend to change this, and originally had very ambitious goals however I am already hearing a lot of "MooooOOOOMMMMY, please put that camera away."
Even hearing "just put in on automatic, my arm hurts from holding this pose," from my dear husband that bought me my new tool.
So I will slowly learn the manuel settings and be happy that this new camera takes the best pics of any automatic camera I'll ever have.

3 comments:

The Animator's Wife said...

YEAH FOR YOU! What did you get? Manual is crazy hard. It just takes tons of practice. Try the aperture priority mode and get that hang of that before you jump to full-on manual. It will make the learning curve easier.

And when you make that leap out of Auto pictures always get really BAD before they get better. But then they do get better-- and way better than anything you could take on auto!

Have fun. Maybe you and your new camera can come visit?

Ninny said...

the picture of Peter made me smile... totally him, Mr. Serious. You are on your way to being the very snap happy mom.

us. said...

Great pics. What did you end up getting?