"Still haven't found what I'm looking for," a song from U2 that was playing last night on my player as I made dinner for us and a few guests. It brought me joy, as I have found what I am looking for, and sorrow for the many people that I know that are striving, and searching and yet haven't.
I was checking the news on the Internet today, and there is this article on the rare sighting of 4 rainbows. In fact there are "rainbow chasers," that spend their lives chasing these types of rare sightings. Again, it struck me with sadness for those that are chasing dreams that often either, don't exist, or when the pot at the end of the rainbow is found, it doesn't quite meet the expectation.
I listened to a devotion on Philippians Chapter 4 this morning. Paul exhorts his hearers, that it is possible to have this "contentment" and it's to be found where you are now, through Christ that strengthens us to endure. So in fact, we are informed by God that contentment has nothing to do with chasing down contentment. It is to be had in the persevering through our many seasons looking toward the Creator and Giver of life that produces true and abounding Joy. The best part, it's always available, and close at hand.
So as I am writing this I hear my children playing on the floor on the inside of these huge glass sliding doors with the sun streaming through them. Peter and Natalie are saying....
"Mommy, come and count all the rainbows we found on the floor."
I counted 7.

1 comment:
Beautiful! So true. Thank you!
Post a Comment