The more we know of God, the more unreservedly we will trust Him; the greater our progress in theology, the simpler and more childlike will be our faith.
~ J. Gresham Machen
Do you ever notice how people seem to be arrogant about their lack of interest of anything theological. "Oh, I don't bother with that, I am about the business of living for Christ," so as to be saying that theology is trivial.
I read a book titled "Too Good to Be True," by Dr. Michael Horton. It was recommended, and one of the best books I have read yet. I was especially glad to have read that book before having to watch the horrible death of my father due to cancer. In the book it says, this theology is best to know before a crisis and I will attest that this was indeed true.
This last year has been where the rubber met the road for me. I am sure there will be more, and I pray that there will be. It was awful and it was horrible, however there is no other way for us to really come to terms with our beliefs except in the crucible.
Know what you believe, and just as important
Why you believe it.
No comments:
Post a Comment