Sunday, October 31, 2010

Roberta Herr 1958-2010


For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in
Christ Jesus our Lord.
(Romans 8:38)

      She was healthy just twenty days ago.  She had a few stomach pains and gallstones were indicated.  Yesterday morning at 7:22am the Lord took her into his presence.  It was fast and it is still a shock. 
     She was one of my close friends.  She was funny, quick and a women of great strength of character.  She was loved by all in our church and many throughout the world.  I had the special privilige to be considered one of her close friends.  She was a go getter, one of my favorite kinds of people.
      Her family surrounded her with such compassion and strength and peace.  The kind that only comes from up above, and from a sure and certain knowledge of Jesus Christ.  It was so assuring to me to witness such love when one needs it the very most.  The kind of love that is firm and powerful, the kind of love that allows you to face death and know that VICTORY has already been declared.
      She helped me to help my father face his death this year.  She encouraged me by insisting that I only would find my hope, strength and peace in God's word.  What she said is the truth.
      She was the one of the greatest saints of our time and I miss her terribly, yet I am comforted in knowing that she is in Heaven, and heard her saviour exclaim
"well done good and faithful servant."

Thank you for your life Roberta, I love you.

No comments: