See the little rainbow?
In a millisecond I had the thought to call my dad, forgetting and remembering in that same millisecond, He's gone. The rush of grief was strong and sudden, and instantly I remembered that this life is not perfect far from it, and that this life is full of suffering and trials. As tears streamed down my face I looked up through my kitchen window and in the shower of mist of the sprinklers was a rainbow. My mind just as suddenly as it was grieved was filled with joy at the promise that this little rainbow signified.
Genesis 9:16...And God said...."This is the sign of the covenant which I made between Me and you, and very living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: ....The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh and is on the earth."
What comforts me the most about the rainbow is this....God Himself set the rainbow signifying His promise to us, and that He will look upon that rainbow and remember His convenant with His children. I can look at that same rainbow with a certainty of hope...Where does this hope rest?
2Cor 1:19-21. For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us...was not Yes and No, but in Him was Yes. For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of GOd through us. Now He who established us with you in Christ and has anointed us Is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
I am spared, what a glorious day this is "this is the day the LORD has made, let us rejoice and by glad in it." Amen.
Do I go around searching out little rainbows in the clouds, or the sprinklers, do I see pictures of Jesus in my oatmeal, or in shadows on the ground. No, I have Christ portrayed for me in the God's Word, the Bible. The rainbow signified the promise of Jesus Christ, the rainbow, pointed toward Christ Jesus, His person and His work. God keeps His promise by giving His only son, the perfectly lived life of Jesus, to die for our sins. Even though we live in the tension between the already and the not yet, we continue to look forward to the final ressurrection and glorification.
No comments:
Post a Comment