Thursday, January 07, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year.....
Much like everyone, I am feeling the need to purge, organize and clean. I'm not much for resolutions. Does this mean that I don't have goals and ambitions? Certainly not, most would say I am ambitious.
So this is what I will be spending the majority of my time on. Learning what it is to grow in the free grace of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. How does this translate? Bible study and meditation on God's word.
I'll be teaching through the book of Galatians, and following two commentaries by Phillip Ryken and John Stott. "Properly understood, the gracious gospel of Galatians liberates us from legalism." Phillip Ryken. "The book of Galatians challenges many of our preconceptions about what it means to have a right relationship with God." Phillip Ryken.
I don't about you, but I am ambitious about knowing what a "right" relationship with God is, and am so greatful that God gave us His very own word in human language so that I might know.
I hope that as you begin your new year, your ambitions are met with God's abundant grace and mercy bestowed upon you as well.

No comments: