This is not an exhaustive list of our September happenings, however September was exhausting.
We decided that we were campers, well we decided we wanted to be able to pull a larger travel trailer, so we opted for a larger truck that fits all four of us, comfortably. We had bigger plans for the remainder of the summer and fall but the plans never materialized. We will camp, and pull trailers and all that fun recreational stuff, just not right now.
When David is out of town Peter and I Bake to pass some time. He loves the kitchen aid mixer so we Bake from scratch. These were so much fun, and they are so yummy. The kids like theirs with honey, I like mine with spicey mustard. This passed about three hours and there is about three stages that kids are hands on. Brilliant.
Peter picks a picture and I help build, except about 1/4 of the way into the engineering of the track he decides that I should build the track and he watches. I actually love building these train tracks. We try to build one once per week. Natalie the destroyer of all things built puts a pretty quick end to our elaborate tracks.
This is how I like to see myself.....This is not me much of the time, however It is me some of the time, and that time is growing.
Fork and spoons used more like paint brushes.

Uncle Jeff makes a big splash at his Birthday Party.

One of the rare moments where she lays her head on my bosom....
Bathtime.... This month, I waited for results from a CT Scan and an MRI that told me I have two Cavernous Hemangiomas deep in my midbrain....Not fatal doom, well at least it's rare that it's fatal and not what had been causing headaches. I need to be careful of blood thinners, and rollercoasters. Not too bad, and we are so thankful to God that what the Drs. found was not cancer.
During this waiting the stomach flu was had by all in my family....We were thankful that David and I didn't have it on the same day...Within a week the respitory flu hit, Natalie, Peter and Me. Peter may have had swine flu and had a scary scary fever. He ate like a horse through it all though which always makes parents happy. Natalie nose finally stopped running today.
David escaped the second round, and was off to St. Louis for a Mon-Friday trip. It's hard to have the children all to oneself, and it's easy to have the entire household too. The kids were sick so we were pretty homebound, which got old for us all but we baked everyday and I gained a couple of pounds.
We celebrated our anniversary by a dinner at home after the kids were down....what luxury to not eat with kids every now and then. We went to the pink martini concert at the hollywood bowl and had a really great time. It was a perfect outdoor evening and we enjoyed a night out that began at 5pm as we had Grandma marilyn and cousin hannah to hold down the fort. We need to do more of that.
The temperature broke today, and it's so nice a cool outside. It had been about 103 for a week.
We love fall and we are so glad to see the season begin to change. May God bless you and yours and reveal Himself to you.


No comments:
Post a Comment